Complete solutions for today’s mobile workforce
IronKey security solutions work together to protect your data, digital identities and applications no matter where your employees or contractors take them. From encrypted flash drives and hard drives to sophisticated identity management solutions and secure portable workspaces, IronKey delivers a cost-effective, end-to-end solution that you can monitor and control via our centralized management platforms.
With IronKey solutions, you can:
- Avoid costly and damaging data breaches
- Drive down the total cost of managing and securing mobile storage
- Simplify the task of meeting strict compliance mandates
- Couple identity management with military-grade secure storage
- Securely keep employees productive at work, at home, or on the road
IronKey Secure USB devices are not vulnerable to BadUSB malware which was revealed at The Black Hat conference held in August of 2016. BadUSB is the first USB malware designed to attack the device itself instead of attacking the data on the device. IronKey’s leadership in security, including its use of digital signatures in all controller firmware, makes its products immune to this new threat.
As revealed at the Black Hat session on BadUSB, the attack changes the firmware that controls the behavior of the USB hardware, allowing the USB device to become a host that can subsequently infect other computers and USB devices. The modified controller firmware cannot be detected by today’s anti-malware solutions, and in many cases, may remain undetectable.
As explained by the researchers, the best protection against this vulnerability is to use code signing for firmware updates. If the signed firmware is modified, the device cannot authenticate the firmware and simply will not operate. This prevents the infection from spreading but results in an unusable device. That is why in addition to using signed firmware, IronKey protects the mechanism used to update the firmware with hardware-based security keys. This prevents tampering with the signed firmware, which would leave the device unusable.
- Secure, military-grade 256-bit AES full disk hardware encryption
- FIPS (Federal Information Processing Standards) 140-2 Level 3 validation
- Centralized management supporting remote wipe/disable of lost or stolen devices
- Multifactor authentication
- Built-in password protection policies
- Ruggedized, waterproof metal case to resist physical break-ins and is tamper evident
- Virus/malware protection
Banks, brokerages, payment card companies, insurers and credit clearinghouses have spent millions developing security infrastructures designed to keep sensitive customer information from getting into the wrong hands.
And it’s not just about managing risk. Financial services companies are bound to comply with a growing list of data security regulations and standards, including:
- Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (GLBA)
- Sarbanes-Oxley Act (SOX)
- Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS)
- State Financial Data Privacy Acts
- European Union Data Protection Directive (EUDPD)
- Japan’s Personal Information Protection Act
As the number of your mobile employees and contractors grows, so does your risk of data leakage and failure to comply with the mandates imposed by these and other laws and standards. The truth is, your compliance efforts can be compromised with startling ease if mobile employees fail to safeguard their digital identities, portable workspaces, and the customer records and financial data they take home or on the road. And as a 2011 Ponemon Institute study found, the cost of non-compliance is 2.65 times higher than the cost of compliance.
IronKey helps you simplify compliance with military-grade and encrypted USB flash devices, but we don’t stop there. Our mobile security solutions protect digital identities and applications no matter where your employees take them. And because our centralized management platforms put you in total control of data access and use, you don’t have to rely on the diligence of the hundreds or thousands of mobile workers who carry sensitive data with them every day.
IronKey delivers some of the world’s most secure, scalable and reliable mobile storage, identity management and device management solutions, including:
- encrypted flash drives
- encrypted external hard drives
- secure portable workspaces
- identity management solutions
- secure storage management solutions
They were designed from the start to work seamlessly together and create a cost-effective, end-to-end solution that you can use to reduce your potential exposure to non-compliance.